Well, I’ve completed my 44th trip around the Sun on this planet 🤓
This is generally a good time to assess my life and see if I’m where I want to be. And while I’m not unhappy with my life, I know there are some areas I’d like to improve.
- I’d like to spend more “fun” time with my kids. I spend a lot of time with them, but its mostly “operational”. I want to help them be more independent so I can have more fun with them in the time we are together.
- I’d like to also spend more personal and intimate time with my wife. Most of our daily life revolves around the operations of running the house and managing the kids, meals, pets, etc. I’d be nice to spend more time being a couple. I also want to spend more time encouraging and enabling her personal pursuits.
- Business doesn’t always run the way I’d like. I want to put a little bit of distance between hours I put in and the money I make (right now there is no difference.
- I want to spend more time on the things that interest me (I barely know what that is, probably exercise, hiking, going to the beach, take up a hobby like playing guitar or woodworking or restoring a beat-up Vespa)
- I want to plan and take more actions for our future (financially, and just general planning for the future)
These are things that will take intentionality, and sometimes, just doing the work. Especially in the case of actions that will enable the more laid-back changes: Working on my business, and teaching the kids to be more independent.
That’s why I wanted to start 75 Hard. To prove to myself that hitting your goals is always about shutting up and doing the work, no exceptions, no modifications, just f**king do it.
But today, eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we diet.